Sunday, May 2, 2010

moving up in the mileage

WOW.  I LOVE to see the mileage moving up over in my sidebar.  When I started back to running in March after pretty much 4 mths off, it was SAD to see that low (Nov/Jan/Feb) and no (Dec) mileage.  March was getting better but April...40.5! WOOO.  No where near where I used to be but better than anything since October.  This month I am hoping it will be even more.

This Saturday was a 5.5 mile day of getting back up to 6 miles.  As I said before I thought my coach was INSANE when she gave me a 10wk plan to get back up to 6 miles. TOO LONG. Now, I am glad she did.  It has been nice to slowly work my way up.  And I am glad to finally (this next weekend) be there.

The 5.5 was a route that has BRUTAL hills on the way back...but we did it.  Same route we have done on our "long" runs the last few wks.  And I was so glad I went out and did it.  I didnt realize it then, but I surely did miss running.

No comments: