Friday, June 27, 2008

My first Run/Race is tomorrow!!!!

OMG, I can't believe it! I have my first official run tomorrow at 8:05am. I have been traning for just over 9 weeks with my Janes on the Run Group. Mainly training for the 5k on July 4th. But this wknd, Greensboro is having a 10k and a 2 mile walk/run on Saturday. I am of course doing the 2 miler...but RUNNING! I know it sounds silly but I am THRILLED that I can do this! I mean 9 wks ago I could barely go for 5 mins...now I can go 32 minutes if I have to.

I know Sat will be doable...I shouldn't have to walk. I MAY have to walk a bit on the 4th for the 5k but I don't care. but I will try not to walk. Hubbie will be with me tomorrow so that will be fun!!! he has not been training at all...and was afraid I would smoke him, LOL But he went out Wed and ran 2 miles, so he'll be OK....we will be OK!

Wish us luck! I am sure I will cry when I am done!!! :)

1 comment:

tamblair said...

Thanks for your comment, Jules! I hope your first race went well... I just ran my first back in May. You will not have to walk during your 5K. I thought the same thing, but the adrenaline of the race keeps you going. I will be back to see how your 2 miler went. You have found a new reader!!