Friday, June 13, 2008

OG Mommy runs AND plays tennis?

WOAH!!!!! I feel like I am becoming a crazy athelete! LOL Well, not so much....but it is just that I have done more activity in the past 7 weeks than I have done in a year! SAD but true! (And question...whay is the weight not falling off me???? B/C I am now hungry all the time from said activity!)

Those of you who really know me are probably having daily heart attacks from reading that I am actually doing sometying athletic...and 2 things at once even! I received a few emails this week from friends who said "YOU are playing TENNIS?" ha

Soooo, last night I skipped my run (I will do it tonight maybe) and took my first ever tennis class. Starmount was offering beginners classes, so I figured, what the heck...and I signed up. The cool thing is there are 7 of us in this class....and NONE of us have EVER played tennis. Maybe for 2 wks in High School when you have to try so you don't get an F but that was it. And I did in college try to play tennis maybe TWICE in 1 wk with a boyfriend...I even bought a racquet, but that lasted, like I said, 2 times and then I quit. So that is GREAT that we ladies were all on the same level!!

So class was from 7-8...I had on my cute little navy running/tennis skirt from Tar.get (LOVE THESE, so comfy) and my sleeveless collared polo like shirt that is the dri-wicking material stuff from Tar.get in Kelly Green! LOL SO CUTE if I do say so myself! heh We started from scratch...how to stand, hold a racquet for front/back hand etc...and we hit balls and had drills and all this fun stuff! I think I hit the ball maybe 80+% of the time...soooo that was good!!!!! Now the playing will be another story...but I enjoyed the hitting and the differnt practice thigs we did. And the coaches were very nice and encouraging and gave you tips like "wait wait wait. ok swing"...."step up step up, ok"...."racquet low, lower...ok swing"..."on the run on the run"...anway! It was awesome! And my butt and upper thighs hurt today more than they ever have from running! LOL

So anyway....a sidebar post from my running. But this was fun....we have 4 more weeks of tennis and I can't wait! maybe I can pick it up for good. Apparently the club has a ball machine you can rent whenever for a full yr unlimited times for $75 ...so if I do get decent, that might be something cool.

No comments: