Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday, June 1st

WOOO HOO!!! TODAY was my 13th run....13th is a terrible bad luck number right? Not for me...I was born on the 13th, OG was too, my dorm room in college had a 13 in the number, etc etc etc...13 has always been good for me for some reason. And TODAY, 13 did not disappoint!!....

TODAY I ran for 30 minutes straight! YES, 30 mins!!!!!!! I could not believe it. When I was done I was SURE that my watch was brokern and wasn't working right. I set out at first to do my last day of 8/2x3 before I was to start on 9/2x3 this next week Tues). Then I thought...hmmm, what the heck, I am just going to see how long I can go for. I was running in our neighborhood and an adjacent one looking at nice houses and mailboxes and landscaping and it made running easy and more enjoyable.

I got past my 8 mins I was supposed to stop at and was feeling good...so I decided to go for 15....then 15 came and I said, hmm, maybe I can get to 20...at 20 I was still feeling good (and I was SHOCKED at this....so then 30 was just withing reach, so I kept on...when I got to 25 and was about 5 mins from my house I KNEW I couldn't stop. There was a kind of yucky hill right near the end of my run, that I knew would not be fun, but it ended up being OK. I ended up passing my house with about 5 seconds left...and I ran up until 30 minutes and 2 secs. LOL Just one house and drivewway down from ours. HA

And I had JUST today at the movies said to my friend who is doing a similar program and can run for 33 mins straight "I don't know how you do it, I can barely do 8 or 12 at a time!"

I hope I can do as well in the future...the weather was great today, not too hot, it was a bit overcast so there was no sun to worry with, many of the hills I was taking were going down not up...so all was in my favor. I have come to realize that I like running best in neighborhoods...and it was easy b/c I was by myself...I didn't feel like I needed to talk to anyone and I only had to worry about myself and could run wherever I wanted at whatever speed I wanted.

I am loving this!!!!!!! Now if I could just stop eating so much food, I could probably get skinny! LOL

No comments: