I went one baby mile yesterday afternoon. Not because I couldn't go farther...but because I didn't have time for more and I was going to run 6 miles at 5:45 am on today. So I didn't want to push it for the next day. But I kept feeling antsy all day knowing that my runing ladies had gone 4 miles that AM without me. And that they had accomplished something and I had done nothing.
I think I am becoming a little running obsessed. I am freaked out about missing my miles. I don't so much care about the Wednesday "optional" miles...but I do care about the Tues/Thurs/Sat miles. And this Sat I will be driving (riding) to Charleston during the 6 miler that is scheduled for my group...so I had to get it in some other time. It is supposed to be about 100 in Charleston this wknd...so there is NO WAY I am going to run in that. Especially not knowing where I would be going and having no shaded trails that I know of. My only option...get in my 6 miler run on Friday AM.
So that leaves me after my friday AM run with 3 more miles to make up. I missed my Thurs group run which was 4 miles, but I did a baby 1 miler. So that leaves 3.
We are headed to Charleston for hubbie and some of our bff's (Matty & "The Hotts") to do a sprint Triathlon on Sunday. Hubbie did this event in 2002 and trained in 2003 for it but got bad shin splints and couldn't compete. :( This couple (they are OG's godparents...and we are godparents to their son...she is my old roomate) have done it every yr since then I think, except for last yr when she was preggers. So this is no big deal to them. So maybe I can be a renegade runner and bust in on the running part of the course? LOL Maybe while they are biking I can get some running in to make up the 3???? Not to race but just to run?? Doubt it. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment