6 miles. 5:45am. In the dark. WONDERFUL!!
So I did my 6 miles this AM to make up for missing class tomorrow. I was to meet my friend Ashley b/c she will miss class on Sat too. I also (THANK GOD) invited my friend Maria to come along. She did Janes last April with me to run our 1st 5k...she also did the Janes 10k class in January. Maria is someone who can pick up from not runing for MONTHS and run 3 miles, no problem. She quit running shortly after the July 4th race and busted out and ran a 5k at the Gobbler on Thanksgiving day in 35/36 mins I think it was, with only 2 days of training the wk before. Not FAST but not walking either. I was impressed considering she hasn't run since July. She has always been faster than me too...more along ET's pace.
So I invited Maria to join Ash & I. She was loooking forward to it. So, I checked my FB acct this AM before I went out and saw that Ash sent me a msg last night that she would not be joining me. She also sent me a text saying the same thing. For a BRIEF moment in time I FREAKED!! OMG! How can I run 6 miles in partial dark ALONE!!?? Can't be done! What am I gonna do!!? Then I remembered Maria was coming! yeah! Good 'ole Maria!
So I arrived about 5:42...no cars there. RUT ROW! I called Maria and she said she was on her way. She said she saw last night that Ash had posted on my FB that she wasn't coming so she told her hubbie that she couldn't back out! HA! Again...GOOD "OLE MARIA!
I warned her a head of time that I was slow and I knew she liked to bust out. She said she was HAPPY to go my pace. She has not been running since when? March maybe after we did the 5 mile Beerun? Maybe a few times here and there. Maybe even some over the past few wks. But not on a stong schedule i think she said. I think she was doing maybe a day here or there over the past wk or so. I told her if she wanted she could just do 4 with me b/c at 4 we would be back at the parking lot...then I could go on for the 2 more to make 6. She said she planned to do it all. Which she did!! NICE!
We did the normal 4 mile loop...and yes I did walk/ sort of run the beast hill...of course she ran up it. But normally after the hill I walk some more to recover...I started running immediately. Yeah me! After we finished the 4 miles we continued on past our cars to the tennis center lot and headed LEFT into Country Park about .8 miles. Then we headed back .8 and still had .4 to go. We ran around the parking lot where our cars were 2 x's then back onto the trail .1 into it and .1 out of it. LOL And RIGHT AT 6.00 we stopped!!! No more for us!
Maria was amazing! She rocked it as I knew she would do! WOO MARIA!
Thanks for the suppoert! We did it. Now time for a rest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yeah Jules and Maria!!!!! Way to rock it!
Post a Comment