What I failed to mention about our running session last night (b/c at the time it did not seem like a big deal) was my little run in with a rock. Actually, almost the size of a pebble. After our 1st 1 mile run I ran over the tiniest rock on my way to the hills...and I twisted/rolled my ankle on my right leg. It hurt for a moment but then it was fine for the hills and the last mile run. I didn't even think anything of it till I woke up this AM at about 5:00 and needed some ibruprofen. It was sore and hurting me.
NICE!!!!!!!!! Today it is fine to walk on...not an issue. But if I turn my foot the wrong way it feels uncomfortable. I am not sure what a sprain feels like. But this pain is more on the inside of my ankle right below and around that little knobby part that sticks out. But I have 6.2 miles, a 10krace, that I want to run on Sat!! If me having an ankle issue because of a stupid pebble causes me to not race, I will be MAD! Or if I have to get some kind of bootie or something and can't train for a few weeks...OMG, the drama! I will be devastated!
So keep me in your prayers. I mentioned something to my coach via email today and she said the "yeah, that is not good...the seemingly simplist twists can do it" . Great! I told her I was gonna RICE (Rest Ice Compressions Elevate) tonight. She said that was a good idea. And just to just how I feel on Saturday!
SO...to run or not to run? I guess I see how it feels. If it is still a little annoying, do I just go for it and risk more injury? I think a teeny tiny annoyance will be OK. UGH!! I will just see...but I think it will be fine and I plan to run. For now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment