LITERALLY! We ran for/into them and we ran for/because of them. And it was not fun! It was HOT...probably high 80's but felt mid 90's. We were all sweating like pigs after our 1 mile warm-up run. Then we hit the hills and did repeats. We at 1st were told to run 10 secs up a hill, then job back down. Then we went 20 secs, then back down. Then 4o secs then back down. Then we went to the very top...not sure how long it took to get to the top, but it was not fun...then we went back down. And we did the to the top of the hill drill 3 more times. ICKY! It was a total of about 1.5 miles in hill work. Then we did a 1 mile (it was SUPPOSED to be .5) cool down. Total of 3.5 miles+.
Of course I was back of the pack with another back of the packer Janes running friend. I used to not be back of the pack. What happened? I always feel like I am training for some kind of race so I am scared to push myself and be sore. That is my excuse. LOL
We did get to run tonight with Chris Justice. He is a friend of Charlie Engle (the guy who I met and ran with in January who ran the Sahara!!) and he is training for Badwater now I think. He ran w/ the Janes last Sat when I was gone. So it was good to see him this time.
Since I will miss my 5:45 am run tomorrow, I am glad I went tonight. Tonight (Wed) is usually a cross train or 2 mile run option for our Janes group. I figure since I never do Wed's, tonight can count as my run for tomorrow. I just need ot make up .5 to be the 4 that is tomorrows goal (since I did just 3.5 tonight). I am not going to run tomorrow (maybe a mile AT MOST around the neighborhood) and I am taking off Friday. Liz did tell us to take it easy before the race Sat when I asked...woo...yeah me for asking! So I will listen to my coach!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment