Wednesday, June 24, 2009

gettin' out in the heat

I had to miss the run with the Crazy Girls yesterday AM (BOO!) because hubbie was out of town...AGAIN!! So I decided I would go after work because I am getting psycho about getting my miles in. I had an event out of the office from 4-4:30, so I decided to go run after that and then go pick up OG from school JUST IN TIME at 6pm.

I got to the park and decided to do my 3 mile GA/partial MP loop. I started running in the parking lot so I got in an extra .1 miles. I did my loop (3 miles)...did the gravel (.2 ish) ran across the street and got in .5+, then did the gravel again (.2). TOTAL 4 miles on the dot.

It was HOTT out there though. I think 89 or 90 maybe?? Whatever it was it was hot. I stopped at the tennis center at 1.6 ish miles to top off my water bottle and dump that cold water on me and top off the water bottle again. Man that felt good! I did walk part of the mini connector that is a sort fo hill between CP & MP (maybe 30 secs) and I did walk PART of the crappy GA hill. But all in all I did ok. I ran into a person I know in the lot after I was done and he told me some other good "loops" to get in 4's & 6's. I think I need to share them with our group so we can mix it up a bit.

Tonight I am headed to a Show & Go that our coach STRONGLY SUGGESTED we attend. It is going to be a 1.5 mile run (I think) and hill repeats! ICK!! The thing I hate most...HILLS! And I BETCHA the beast.of.a.hill is one of them! YIKES.

And this Saturday a bunch of us are doing the Freedom Run 10k. Our running plan calls for an easy Sat run of 3 miles. But for those of us doing the race, we will be doing 6 instead. BOO! I am almost hoping that Liz mentions that those of us who are doing a race of 6 on Sat should take it easy on Thurs and only do 2 or 3. That is what she usually suggests. Maybe I will have to suggest to her that she suggest that. LOL

And I am super excited to say that I have already gone 44.5 miles this month!! That's the most I have ever done. And if I stay on track (1.5 tonight, 4 Thurs, 6.2 Sat and 4 next Tues) I should get in 60.2 miles by June 30th!! And I JUST hit the 200 mile mark for this year in less than 6 months!! I only got in 214 last year in 8 months! NICE!

No comments: