We're back from Charleston and a wonderful fun wknd! Hubbie had his sprint Triathlon (1/3 mile swim, 13 mile bike, 5k run) and did very well! I was so proud of him. We had a nice wknd, even though we were without OG. Believe it or not, it was our 1st trip without her. She has been gone away from us on trips to the grandparents before...hubbie has been gone way from her for extended times...I have been gone away from her for extended times, but we have both never gone anywhere on a trip/vacation without her. It was a good little get-away but so nice to return to her.
The sad thing is, upon our arrival home, hubbie had to turn around and go out of town on business till at least Thursday. So we picked OG up at school so they could spend some time, then he left. Since he is gone the rest of the week I will not be able to do the 5:45 am run with the Crazy Girls tomorrow. And I STILL had to make up my 3 missing miles from last week (remember that day I just got in 1?). So what's a girl to do? Load up her princess (and she was literally dressed as a princess b/c we JUST came from a 6pm princess bday party...Happy Birthday Whit!) and take her and her bike to the park.
I wasn't sure how this would go, but I thought we should try. We both did a quick change in the parking lot in my car (HA!)and were ready to go. I was a little worried though. I could just SEE us being a mile out and he being exhausted. But she did great!!! We went out about .9 miles and back in about .9 miles...then a loop across the street of .5 then some parking lot trips and got in 2.5 miles!!! I was impressed!! THEN she said she wanted to run with me! She had on sandals so I thought that probably wasn't a good idea. So we just went for about 30 seconds then came back in. But my girl is die hard! She said she wants to run in a kiddie race with me. So that is something to look foward to!
What a fun time!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment