Friday, June 5, 2009

3.5 rockin miles in the rain

More rain...story of my life! But I had to go out. The plan called for 3.5 miles. So I went part of the Battleground loop...jumped over at .8 into Country Park for the semi straight-away...went all the way down that till I got to a honkin' hill...turned around....did the connector back to Battleground Park...turned around and did it again...got back into Country Park...ran up a hill past the veterans monument, back into another section of Country Park....over the gravel, back into Battleground Park for .3 and I was done. I turned around and walked back to the parking lot. WOWZA. That was some crazy route! LOL At this point it was pouring and I was drenched but I loved it!! And I really booked it in the last .5 miles. It is weird but sometimes when I am running (NOT very often)I just get moving...I am standing tall and getting speedy. At one point I PROMISE I looked down and Garmin (yes, he was back for this run) said 8:50 was my pace! And it said 9:30 a lot too during that last little jaunt. Me likey!

1 comment:

Emily said...

you rock, girl!! good job. and i could NOT follow where in the world you were on that run. ;)