On Saturday, the day of OG's 5th birthday party I was scheduled for a Janes group run. At 7:30 AM!! When I told hubbie he said he could not believe I was doing that. And at first I was disappointed that he said that...but then he clarified that he was PROUD that I was doing that and that I stuck with it in spite of the busy busy day ahead.
So I made it to group time. It was supposed to be a partial trail run, but b/c of the tons of rain we had last week, we did the greenways (paved) instead b/c the trails were apparently in bad shape. We went out about on a very flat route about 2 miles, and came back in about 2. That left us with 1 more mile to go. So my partner & I (who yes, I chatted with almost the whole way!!, wow, who AM I!!??) went back out another .5 and back in .5. To finish up and get in exactly 5 miles we even ran around the parking lot a little bit but we stopped RIGHT ON 5!!! No more for us! HA
But it was nice. There were a few hills that were close to the beast.of.a.hill in Battleground Park...but we got through them.
Tomorrow, I have a 6am run with some gals at the park. ICK. BUT, I know I will be soo happy when it is done. My day will have just begun and I would have done 4 nice miles. That's good stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad you are having great runs! Mine are not so great lately.
That was a really nice thing for your hubby to say.
Post a Comment