Tuesday, June 9, 2009

now THAT is dedication

This girl got up at 5:10am to go run! I met the "crazy girls" (as I will from now on call them) at the park for a 6am run. There were 6 of us and it was a good crew. The fasties (Susan D and ET...ET is HERE too)had each other...and us "others" had each other. :) We had on our plan a nice 4 miler at a slow easy pace. It was only 70 degrees at 6am but MAN was I sweaty when it was done. The sun was definitely already up and we were shaded by trees but the warmth got us a little. And of course the beast.of.a.hill got me again. I did a little walking on the meanie hill. And a little walking on the G.A. hill. Took us 50 mins to do 4 miles (actaully I think we went .1+ over b/c I set my Garmin late and forgot and made us run farther than we needed...OOPS, sorry ladies). And HOW NICE is it to be done at 7am when everyone else is just waking up??!! And not having to run this afternoon when it is 90 degrees? DEFINNITELY worth getting up early for I tell you!!

But what a great group! I am loving this running group! Everyone is so great and has neat stories. We are all in this madness together, and that somehow makes it better.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't know what is wrong with me but I got a little teary reading that!! I love our group too! I'm so thankful that we've met some new great women in this journey.