Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Saturday, April 26th

This is assessment day…the day where they check out how fit you are and what type of shape you are in. I could have just skipped this whole event and said “I am in terrible shape and I am not fit…start me with the basics”. But that was not an option.


So…we came in and got our blood pressure taken…of course mine was SKY HIGH! I am talking 170 something over something else high…yes, I know, that is HIGH! I was anxious I told the woman and I also have White Coat Syndrome for my blood pressure…so she took it again…next time it was even higher. She then told me (she was a nurse) that she thought they would not let me go through with the rest of the assessment. So she sent me on, and they did let me continue…I went to the head of the school and she said “you’re the white coat syndrome girl right?” (I had put it on my application weeks before when they asked about your health etc)…I said Yes, and she told me I would be fine.


So here’s what we had to do:
-some reach test (sitting down, legs spread, how far out can you reach)…I did well on that
-push-ups…I sucked it up, only did 15, I blame it on my hands slipping on the hardwood floors
-pseudo sit-ups in 1 min…I did 50, she said that was good
-a step-test for 3 mins…my heart rate was pretty good, so I guess I did OK with that

Then we got measured…bust, hips, waist, thighs, arms, calves, etc. Weird thing is that my right side was a half inch bigger on my thighs & calves than my left leg, HA I guess my dominant leg is my right. Who knew! Soooooo, I was bigger than I wanted to be but not as bad as I thought. Actually my waist wasn’t that bad, so that is good.

After it was done I was ready to go…I had had enough for the day. And the next morning I woke up and didn’t know what hit me…my arpits were killing me and my legs hurt…everything hurt! I thought I was going to die! Who would think that 15 push-ups would KILL your armpits! LOL Everyone else I went wiht said their's hurt too...so I was not alone thank goodness. Not that I wish pain on anyone, but ti was good to know that others were feeling what I was and I was not alone.

But it got better….I just need to work on things!

No comments: