Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tuesday, April 29th

Day 1 of Janes on the Run…we meet, we chat, we talk about running, we warm up, we walk some…and then WE ARE OFF! We are charged to run a mile…half out and half in…run it as fast as you can but don’t kill yourself in the process.

I am in a group with 4 other friends….immediately one takes off and is way ahead of us….2 more are a few steps ahead…ET & I are together behind them. It is great at first but I am a little stressed. But we are able to run for 8 mins straight…walk 2 minutes, then run for 2 more minutes to finish up a mile in 12 minutes. Not too bad since we did walk a little bit of it. And we finished only about 30 secs short of our other friends who ran the whole way. So not bad.

I was a bit winded afterwards but it wasn’t too bad. We did some stretches to cool down and we were done.

For my first run, it was ok…not as bad as I thought it would be…easier than I thought it would be. I was glad to see that I was not the last person...out of a group of maybe 30 of us, there were still 15-20 people who finished after us. Only time will tell how it will all play out….

No comments: