Friday, May 9, 2008

Thursday, May 8th

Last night was run #5 and a solo run. My friends had other obligations and weren’t able to make it. I went to the gym that we get access to for free with the Janes on the Run plan. I hadn’t been yet. It was a neat gym. My Janes coach was actually there training someone else, so I was a little paranoid about “practicing” in front of her. But all I was doing was running so it really wasn’t that big of a deal.

So I got on the treadmill about 5:35pm….I did a warm up walk…then I did the run 5mins/walk 3mins three times…the treadmill said I went 1.9 miles. I did not get in the fourth time of 5/3 b/c I had to run off to the free Beginners Yoga class that started at 6:00pm. I have done yoga before, but only about 5 times or so. So it was all new since I hadn’t done it in a few years.

Most everyone was new so that was a good thing. We warmed up a bit and got on our mats and did a few poses. And then, as we were on our backs with legs in the air…of COURSE…and I hate to say this, BUT, the woman beside me decided to FART!! LOL Yes, she did…I almost died!!! But in a yoga class everything is calm and quiet and serene and you can’t bust out laughing!! It was so hard not to though. NOW, there is a 1% chance it could have been the woman’s mat squeaking, but I doubt it! And it did seem to smell in that area a little while after that. LOL, cracks me up just even typing about it!!! AND her stomach WAS growling later so i am sure she had some issues!

So, anway…after the POOT incident, the class went well….we used a lot of muscles I never use…and I knew I would be sore in the AM. And was I? YES, I was. But I don’t mind being sore from exercise…it means I did something!!
So now I will take today (Fri) off and run either Sat at 8am with the Show & Go running group that runs between 2-6 miles (you run what works for you) I think it is or run Sun by myself. I’ll see how I feel.

I am enjoying this!!

No comments: