Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sunday, May 4th

So this is my 3rd run since starting the program. It is a Sunday, hubbie is out of town and I have OG with me ...but I have to run...Sooo, I load her up with the jog stroller and head to the Day School track about 6:30 pm. Having her in that heavy/bulky jog stroller made the run pretty hard. But I managed.

Based on my initial Janes practice run of 8min run/2 min walk/2 min run…I am given a plan of run 5/walk 3 x4 for 4 weeks….I thought this seemed a bit too easy, since I had on the first day run 8 mins w/ out stopping. The running coach advised me though that she wanted to work me up…she didn’t want it to be too hard…she wanted me to get used to this and not be exhausted after the first part of the run and not be able to finish. OK, makes sense.

Funny thing is though…after our first test run, ET & I both reported our run as 8min run/2 min walk/2 min run for a total of 12 mins…the lady taking the times though thought we said it took us 12 minutes with all running. Sooo, when I got my initial run plan it said: run 10, walk 3 x2 or something. WHAT????? Are you kidding me? So I asked the coach about it and told her I had done 8/2/2…she said “good thing you told me, b/c it was written down that you did the whole run without walking in 12 mins”…so she adjused my plan to the 5 mins running/3 mins walking x4 that I have now.

Soooooooo….I have OG and I start to run. I have on my oh so comfy running skirt with bike shorts built on underneath. LOVE IT! I am able to run 5mins/walk 3 mins x 3….the 4th round I was able to run maybe 2 and walk 3…I almost made it.

It was SUPER hard pushing the stroller, so I think that bogged me down. I am not trying to make excuses but I really feel that.

Overall it was an ok run…and my first solo run. I was not sore the next day so that was good.

No comments: