Since it was Mother's Day, what would be more fitting than running with your family. So that's just what I did. After another round of tornado warnings and thunderstorms on Sunday afternoon, I went for a run...with Hubbie & OG.
We took the jog stroller and drove over to Grease Ally where I have run a few times with the Janes Group. We did a little warm up walk around the parking lot...then off we went. I think I run a little slow for hubbie, but he was a good sport.
I KNOW I am supposed to keep up with my routine of 5/3 x4...but I just wanted to see how far I could go. So, I ended up running 12 mins & 2o secs STRAIGHT...which, if the trail markers are right was about 1.2 miles or so?? There was a big tree blocking the road/path (I assume from the weekend storms) right at the end almost...so hubbie & OG stayed behind while I jumped over the tree and finished the little bit of the route a minute or so up. I felt like I could have gone longer, but I didn't want to leave them back behind...so I ran back to them and then stopped to walk.
So I ran 12 mins 20 secs...walked 3 mins...ran 5 more mins....walked 4 mins (b/c I had to get up this killer hill, I could NOT start running as I was going up this hill) and then ran 4+ more minutes or so. Not bad. I feel I am getting better.
I might talk to my coach after vacation about upping my plan a hair....maybe to at least 7 mins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you're so good! I haven't run in 4 days. I took a "mother's day break" - ha.
Post a Comment